Monday 29 April 2013

All about the Clouds





This afternoon in our learning space it was all about ‘Clouds’. I stepped out of my cleanliness zone and started our lessons on clouds by giving my students a dollop of cream on their working space. After looking at different types of clouds on our Interactive Whiteboard, I then got them to make different types of clouds; Cirrus, Stratus and Cumulus – have I lost you yet?





The students had so much fun that I felt bad when I asked them to stop and start cleaning up. Who would of thought shaving cream was so much fun. I have promised them tomorrow they use it during ‘Word Work’ to write their spelling words in.



We ended the lesson by exploring what clouds are made of by exhaling onto the back of a spoon and explaining why we a tiny cloud.



Tomorrow we are going to make a cloud key to help us keep a cloud diary and to predict what the weather will be.

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment