Saturday 4 May 2013

Books are not dead...

Today I headed to Clunes (a historical gold rush town) to meet up with my mum and dad. It was the annual Booktown Festival, the town of Clunes opens up its doors to sell books old and new every year. Book traders from around Australia gather in this beautiful town to sell their rare, second hand and new books.

I spent the day rummaging through boxes, shelves and shops on the hunt for books to full up my classroom library and my own at home. I found a few treasures, but none so precious as a copy of one of parents gardening books they had written in the 80's. I laughed out loud when I turned the book over to see a picture of my parents in their 80's attire and my dad without grey hair.

One of my favourite finds was what I am guessing a very old benchmarking book.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment